Is your dog a good fit for our family kennel?
We encourage an appointment to meet your dog before his/her first night stay so we can decide, together, if this is a good fit for your pet. We are a family-dog oriented facility. Dogs will be around children regularly-please be aware. No aggressive dogs.
If your dog is not spayed or neutered you must sign spay/neuter waiver (see forms) releasing Wheatland Boarding Kennel from any/all damages and/or liabilities. Any dog not spayed/neutered will not be allowed to play with other dogs.
- Has no history of aggression
- Is fully potty trained
- Is not diabetic
- Does generally well with other dogs his/her same size/temperament?
- Enjoy attention and interaction with children?
- Is spayed and neutered? (Exceptions can be made up to 18 months)
- Have generally good manners and come back skills?
- Stay without jumping over 4 foot chain link fence?
- Does not habitually or compulsively bark non-stop? (This is our home and it wears on other dog’s nerves)
Right To Refuse Service
- Sick, injured, or parasite infested dogs
- Aggressive dogs (To people or other dogs)
- Habitual jumpers (On people or over fences)
- Persistent barkers (This is our home and it also stresses other kennel dogs)
- Dogs that regularly urinate/defecate/mark indoors
- Statistically aggressive dog breeds
Please have proof of vaccinations presented before you let your dog out of the car for your tour.
Vaccinations do not absolutely prevent your dog from getting ill, but they are the best prevention. Some dogs partially or do not respond to vaccines, especially immune compromised dogs.
Dogs without current vaccination history will not be allowed to stay.
- Rabies (Certificate)
Must Be Administered
- By licensed veterinarian
- 14 days prior to arrival
We are anxious to meet you and your fur-iend!
Please Read & Complete The Forms Below
Please e-Mail or bring the completed forms along with proof of vaccinations/rabies with you before you board.
We happily, with at no extra charge, manage your dog’s medication needs. We can make accommodations for many ailments: lameness, blindness and deafness among some possibilities. However, we do not accept diabetic dogs or dogs that have chronic/regular or incontinence.
What To Bring
- Completed Forms
- Documentation of Vaccinations
- Food – Dog’s regular diet with clear instructions
- Medications with very clear instructions (We highly recommend pill organizers by day and AM/PM)
- Favorite toys, treats, blankets
- Dog bed or crate – whatever makes him or her feel at home and safe
- Collar (Snug fit and cannot be pulled over the head)
What We Provide
- Dog beds (If you happen to forget)
- Safe climate controlled and clean space
- Outdoor play (Weather permitting)
- Potty time outside (Even in the worst of weather, 4-6 times a day)
- Love, hugs, and sweet talk!
Your dog may be sweet and kind at home, but remember they are out of their element.
This list is based on data, experience and dogs deemed dangerous by insurance companies.
Because our kennel is family operated, we cater to family dogs. Although we are strong believers that any breed can be a wonderful companion to people, under the right care, we are careful of the dogs who come to our kennel for the safety of our family as well as other dogs we board here. Dogs act differently in a kennel situation than they might at home. We do not board statistically proven aggressive dog breeds or the majority mixes of those breeds.
Please use your best judgement. If you have a dog with the majority of these breeds, this may not be the kennel for you. Dogs in our kennel are around children and other dogs regularly. Regardless of breed, if your dog exhibits aggression to people, other dogs or to people, this is not the kennel for your dog.
Dogs Not Allowed – No Exceptions or A Mix Of Any Of These Breeds
- Pit Bull
- Staffordshire Terrier
- American Bull Dog
- Chow Chow
- German Shepherd
- Wolf Hybrid
- Cane Corso
- Presa Canarios
Required To Meet Before You Board (Or A Mix Of Any Of These Breeds)
- Doberman Pinscher
- Great Dane
- Rhodesian Ridgeback